Global Financial Advisory
• Opportuna offers a deep sector expertise and broad advisory capabilities to corporate clients in both Latin and North America.
• With professionals located in the Americas and in Europe, Opportuna provides global coverage across all products and sectors.
• Our talented professionals furnish clients with creative, and idea driven M&A, private capital, equity-linked financing, and restructuring solutions advisory and underwriting services.
• Opportuna has a global networking and an extensive coverage of a broad range of industries. Our partners have a profound experience in serving the private equity community in local and cross-border transactions.
Investment Banking Capabilities
M&A and Strategic Advisory
Mergers and Acquisitions
• We evaluate potential targets or merger partners as well as financial and strategic alternatives. We advise on strategy, timing, structure, financing, pricing, and we assist in negotiating and closing transactions.
• We advise on sales and auctions in both strategic and distressed situations. We may also advise on financial and strategic alternatives to a sale, such as recapitalizations, spin-offs, carve-outs, split-offs or tracking stocks.
• Our global offices are staffed with locally established professionals, expert at navigating local cultural, political, regulatory, and tax issues.
• We advise on all aspects of execution, seeking business portfolios optimization with innovative strategies for newly independent companies, and for shareholders.
Out-of-Court Restructuring and Recapitalization
• We advise on out-of-court restructurings and recapitalizations and negotiate with creditors on behalf of our clients, especially in cases of financial stress or distress. We advise on and structure a wide variety of transactions, including tender and exchange offers, rescue financing or recapitalizations, “amend and extend” amendments, as well as pre-packaged bankruptcies.
Divestitures and Asset Sales
• We help clients weigh the pros and cons of sale strategies, including selling the company or assets as an alternative to bankruptcy; a sale implemented through a Plan of Reorganization; and “loan-to-own” purchase of securities.
Public and Private Capital Advisory
Corporate Finance Advisory
• We advise clients on a broad range of strategic and tactical issues, including capital structure optimization, capital allocation, equity and debt market positioning and issuance, and investor communications strategies.
IPO and Equity Capital Markets Advisory
• We provide innovative, objective and timely advice on all aspects of raising equity capital, including valuation, underwriter selection, incentive structuring, investor targeting, and listing venue selection.
• Our team of senior bankers advises and negotiates on behalf of clients regarding alternatives for existing debt and the issuance of new debt. We also provide guidance on all aspects of the credit ratings process, including interactions with the ratings agencies.
• On both the buy-side and the sell-side, we advise clients and negotiate on their behalf regarding strategy, origination, structuring and execution of all types of acquisition financing.
Strategic Capital and Minority Investments
• We source, raise, and structure strategic capital investments for our clients. We leverage our deep understanding of strategic finance to advise clients making strategic and/or minority investments.
• Starting with an independent and objective assessment of each client’s current liability profile, we work closely with clients to analyze the balance sheet and identify optimal liability management transaction and execution alternatives.
Debt and Equity Private Placements
• We frequently advise private companies in the placement of senior debt, subordinated and mezzanine debt, convertible and equity-linked securities and private equity.
• We conduct strategic assessments and monitoring of each client’s shareholder base.
• We help our clients develop and implement proactive shareholder engagement strategies based on a thorough understanding of why and how investors hold stakes in their companies.
• We help companies view their shareholder bases strategically, creating preventive measures against unsolicited activity such as hostile approaches or activist campaigns.
1001 Raja Gabaglia Street, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais 30380403